Where can I access Bupers Online?

Discussion in 'Ask Navy Questions' started by Ask Navy, May 5, 2013.

1. Ask Navy

Ask Navy Web Monkey

You can use the following URL for BOL Access:

https://www.bol.navy.mil/

Here is additional information found on their FAQ page.

Q. What is BUPERS Online?
    A. BUPERS Online is a single point of entry application for logging into numerous web-based applications maintained by the Naval Personnel Command in Millington, TN. As applications are added, you will login once, and then be able to pass from application to application without the need for multiple logins.

Q. As a US Navy service member, how do I get a BUPERS Online account?
    A. If you are a US Navy service member, you already have an account. To login for the first time, use your SSN as your Login ID and your birth date in YYYYMMDD format as your password. Once you login, you will be prompted to change your password.

Q. How do I reset my password?
    A. To reset a lost password, you have 2 options: 1. If you remember the answer to the question you selected when you first logged in to BOL, simply choose the `Trouble signing in?` section of the BOL login page and follow the directions. 2. If you have forgotten both, or are having other problems, please enter a help desk request by calling 1-800-951-NAVY or emailing [email protected] a representative will assist you.

Q. What is available to me through BUPERS Online?
    A. Within BOL you can access various Naval Personnel Command applications and you have the ability to reset your password.

Q. Does this site use cookies, and if so, why?
    A. BUPERS Online uses session cookies, which are tokens that remain active only until you close your browser. This cookie is also used so that you can retain your identity from page to page and remain logged in to BUPERS online. This site does not use persistent cookies and nothing is permanently written to your hard drive.

Q. Why did I have to accept a DOD PKI certificate?
    A. This is for your protection. By accepting this certificate, all information passed between you and the system is 128-bit encrypted. This means that no one else will be able to see your information over the Internet.

Q. How do I get access as a Mailbox Manager?
    A. If you are attached to a Navy unit, submit an ITEMPO transaction using the TAC "PANV". The TAC consists of the TAC, SSN (of person to receive access), NAME (5 POSITIONS), UIC (UIC for which access is being requested). The transaction will look like this: PANV,123456789,FLING,12345/ If you are a Non-Navy command, submit a transaction using the TAC "PAOT". The TAC consists of the following: TAC, SSN (of person to receive access), NAME (Last, First, Middle Initial), DOB (Date of Birth-YYMMDD), UIC (UIC for which access is being requested), CODE (A or D). The transaction will look like this: PAOT,123456789,PAGANELLI RAYMOND J,571103,12345,A/. To delete a member, replace the "A" with a "D".

Q. Who do I contact for IT related support?

Q. How do Civilian, Contactor, or non-Navy military personnel gain access to BUPERS Online?
    A. Please contact the NPC IT service Desk at [email protected] or 1-800-951-6289/DSN 882-4717. A valid SAAR-N form (OPNAV 5239/14 - 9/2011), in accordance with ALCOM 170-11, signed by your command IAM is required. All civilian, contractor and other non-Navy personnel accounts have an expiration date on them. As long as there is activity in the account on a regular basis, the expiration date will continue to re-tabulate. If an account has no activity during a 90-day cycle, it will become inactive. At that time, a new SAAR-N will have to be submitted to have the account reactivated.

Q. My new password is not recognized?
    A. If your new password has a special character or number at the beginning or end of the password, the system is having a problem recognizing the information. Please create a new password and keep your numbers and characters within the middle of the password. Note: If you are using identical characters or numbers, please separate them.

Q. What is my Login ID?
    A. Your login ID is always your SSN with no spaces and no dashes, this never changes.
  2. Shiftcolors

Shiftcolors Staff Member Web Monkey

Bureau of Naval Personnel

Current logo of NPC

The United States Navy Bureau of Naval Personnel (BUPERS) is similar to the human resources department of a corporation. The bureau provides administrative leadership, policy planning, and general oversight of the Command.

As of 2009, the office of the Bureau of Naval Personnel serves as a parent command to the Navy Personnel Command (NPC). The duties of NPC are nearly identical to the former office of BUPERS and the command's logo even incorporates the name of the latter's office. BUPERS is also the overseeing authority for Navy Recruiting Command. Most of the BUPERS offices are located in the cities Millington, Tennessee and Arlington, Virginia.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013